Sunday 14 January 2018

Week of January 15-21st

 Welcome to Ottawa Winter!  

Here is a little video about winter in Ottawa and what to look forward to!

Winter in Ottawa

Snow Days - Listen to the radio in the morning or check this link to see if buses are running:
Are School Buses Running?


If buses are not running, SPECIAL TRANSPORTATION will not come to your house to pick you up.  Unless roads are safe, do not have someone drive you in - that could be dangerous.

Here is an article about things to do in Canada during the winter
What to do in the winter!


This is what my family likes to do during the winter.  What are  you looking forward to?



Here is an article about the winter we could expect.  What is the Farmer's Almanac predicting?
Farmer's Almanac Winter Predictions
https://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather-outlook/2018-winter-forecast/canada-2017-18/

Period 2:
 We will be learning new Winter Vocabulary and reading Winter short stories.
English Vocabulary for Winter!
Try these short quizzes about Winter!
easy - Winter Clothing quiz
Winter weather quiz
Winter sports - word jumble
This week we will be learning about Winter Survival and creating a How To Survive the Canadian Winter brochure, poster or slideshow.

Period 3 and 4:  Finish your novel!  Complete your Notice and Note package.  We will work on our mindmap on Thursday.  We will also complete a Socratic Seminar and practice literary essay about Gift of the Magi.

Discussion for the week:  Reply Below:  What was the best Gift you have ever GIVEN or RECEIVED?  Why?


10 comments:

  1. The best gift that I received was a new bicycle. In the grade 9, in the heavy study environment, my mom gave me a bicycle as a gift. It was not a common bike, it was a sports bike, and it accompanied with me for two whole years. That was my best gift I ever received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my memory, the best present I have ever received are my puppies. Last year my mom bought two puppies to me. I’m so excited that I can’t control my heart beat faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best gift i have is a gift from my mom. Because my mom know what i like, what i love so that's why that will be a beat gift. The gift from my mom are some t shirts, shoe, pants. And the orther big gift is god

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite gift is i got a TV in my room

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember deeply that because I had a good relationship with a girl when we were in primary school, she gave me a bear-shaped piggy bank on that day of primary school graduation. I am very grateful to her. That piggy bank has been preserved by me till now. Now, whenever I see that piggy bank, I can think of her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave my laptop when I was in my eighth grade. I felt really good when I got the laptop, and I think that was probably the happiest time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best present I get is shoes because
    She know that I really like shoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best gift I have ever received was a golden necklace with my name .

    ReplyDelete
  9. I came to Canada this year. I learned a lot of things, for example, I can learn English, it can be get better and better, and I can know different cultures, the most important thing that is learn how to independence without my family.Since I was born into the world, I have received a good quantity of gifts, cheap or expensive. But the best gift is not the most expensive one, but the one from which I learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great answer Emily! Hope you are doing well! Mrs. B

      Delete